Job Title: Procurement Intern
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reference Number: MDG/HUMOPS/2020/00039
Length of internship: 6 months
Interns Supervisor: Procurement Officer
- The Procurement Intern will be based in Maiduguri and will work under the direct supervision of the Procurement Officer to support Operations department of Mercy Corps Nigeria. The successful candidate will undertake Procurement duties working in close collaborations with other operations team members as well Programs.
- Intern will remain responsible for all costs associated with his/her Internship in Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Assist in the maintenance of thorough procurement files in line with the FP3.
- Learn Purchase Request (PR) review and numbering.
- Assist the procurement officer during tender opening sessions
- Follow up with suppliers, vendors and third parties to ensure delivery of goods/service
- Follow up with suppliers for prompt submission of invoice after goods/service delivery
- Regularly produce purchase status and completed purchases reports using the Ongoing PR Master List and PR Master List
- Maintain file on market prices for commonly bought items.
- Scan a soft copy of all documentation before it is handed over to program and finance for payment
- Perform any other reasonable duties that deem necessary as assigned by the supervisor
- At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Learning goals
- Cultivate interpersonal skills
- Develop negotiating and public speaking skills
- Read all assigned literature
- Develop a working knowledge of procurement
- Attends seminars and meetings relative to procurement function
Ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A B.Sc or HND in Business related field.
- Ability to use the following Microsoft Productivity tools Excel and Word
- Fluency in English Language
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and process information into action in a timely manner
Salary & Working Conditions
- The intern will be expected to work 40 hours a week
- The intern will be paid a monthly allowance of N60,000 subjected to 5%WHT and health insurance.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit no more than 4 pages of CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Information & Notice
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line.
- CV and cover letter and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
Application Deadline: 16th July, 2020.
904 total views, 1 views today