Job Title: Quality Health and Safety Officer
Location: Eleme, Rivers
Job Type: Full Time
- The Safety Officer is responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations.
- Developing measures to assure personnel safety.
- Correct unsafe acts or conditions through the regular line of authority.
- The Safety Officer maintains awareness of active and developing situations.
- Ensures there are safety messages in each Incident Action Plan.
- Participate in planning meetings to identify any health and safety concerns inherent in the operations daily work-plan.
- Review the Incident Action Plan for safety implications.
- Investigate accidents that have occurred within incident areas.
- Ensure preparation and implementation of Site Safety and Health Plan (SSHP).
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
- Conducts toolbox meetings.
- Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste.
- Receives reports from and forward to top management notices issued by regulators.
- Arranges for mandated testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.).
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Initiate, coordinate and organize OHS training of employees and executives.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify hygiene issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Reviews and approves all subcontractors’ safety plans.
- Verifies that injury logs and reports are completed and submitted to related top management.
- Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use.
- Promotes safe practices at the job site.
- Enforces safety guidelines.
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
- Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations.
- Conducts job hazard analysis.
- Establishes safety standards and policies as needed.
- Responds to employees’ safety concerns.
- B.Sc / B.A in Safety Management or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- At least 2 years experience at Mid Managerial level
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry will be an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “QHSE Officer” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline: 6th July, 2020
1,195 total views, 1 views today