Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
- Provide leadership in developing and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plan and corresponding instruments for MNCH project and implementing M&E strategies in compliance with the project management tools and requirements.
- Take the lead in project reviews, assessment including internal data quality assessments, monitoring and evaluations. This position will also be responsible for developing project staff’s capacity in the area of both progress and data gathering, verification and results monitoring.
Dimension of Role:
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the project activities
- Design and implementation of monitoring systems for the project.
- Act as the Knowledge management focal person for the project.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Lead Designs, develops and implements the comprehensive M&E framework/strategy, system and quantitative and qualitative tools, with a focus on health management information systems strengthening and incorporating mobile technology
- Leads regular monitoring data collection, verification, entry, spot checking, analysis, reporting and sharing, ensuring accurate, high quality household, community and facility level data is collected on all PMF (Performance Measurement Framework) indicators on a regular basis and as per agreed framework and timelines
- Ensure timely and high quality regular monitoring and evaluation reports are produced.
- Set up and manage a project knowledge management system.
- Provide regular and timely feedback on project progress against planned activities, outputs and results.
- Ensure capacity building by regularly training and mentoring staff and partners for improved program monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide technical leadership in operational and programme research processes.
- Provide overall technical guidance and supervision to the Project M and E coordinators.
- Develop innovative strategies, including application of IT technology, to engage the State Ministry of Health Department of Planning, Research and Statistics and PHCDA on MNCH data collection and quality improvement.
- Establish linkages with M and E units of existing MNCH projects in the state.
- Supports, coordinates and follows the development and implementation of Baseline, Midterm, Endline and research studies in order to inform the M&E framework, tools, systems and processes
- Provides information and feedback to the National Project Manager to inform adjustments in project strategy, and to ensure that the project remains relevant and effective.
- Share and disseminate best practices on Program related lessons learnt in collaboration with Health Experts in the state.
- Work with project team members to ensure community level data is collected, analyzed and presented for communities to make informed decisions on MNCH issues.
- Fulfil Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to prevent children from all forms of child abuses.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics or Social or Health Sciences or an equivalent from a recognized university. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Proven understanding of programming concepts and Human Rights Approaches to Development.
- Knowledge and experience with Donor program and M & E frameworks and approaches.
- Thorough experience with the use of technology for data collection including mobiles phones and Global Positioning System (GPS) preferred.
- At least 5 years’ practical work experience in monitoring & evaluation of public health programs especially MNCH programs.
- Experience in Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation especially in community and household data collection processes.
- Experience in application of result based management tools.
- Experience working with the DHIS 2.0 software is critical.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to coordinate large data collection processes and manage large datasets, including analysis, interpretation and presentation of both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Promotes innovation and learning
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Possession of excellent report writing skills
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and influencing skills
- software/ statistical packages such as Microsoft Access SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, databases (Access) and spreadsheets (Excel)
- Communicates clearly and effectively appropriate data and results to relevant audiences.
- Excellent planning and management skills
- Analytical and Problem Solving skills
- Ability to contribute to Policy development processes.
- Well-functioning and effective gender responsive M&E systems with appropriate tools/instruments. (comprehensive M&E framework and plan)
- Regular Internal Data Quality Assessments.
- Increased capacity of staff in M&E.
- Established and effective process for production and timely submission of high quality reports.
- Established and regularly updated training databases.
- Established and regularly updated Performance Management Framework.
- Established process for timely and regular feedback of monitoring outputs into project planning and other decision making cycles.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 7th July, 2020.
Note: Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply
222 total views, 3 views today