Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Benin, Edo State
Department: Legal Department
Reports to: Managing Director
Grade: Middle level
Job Expectation Summary
- The Legal Officer will be responsible for, but not limited to ensuring and advising the board of directors on compliance to all corporate governance and other legal matters as well as negotiating contracts between the company and third parties.
- The job holder is expected to hand in hand with the company secretary and the Board of directors.
He/she will be expected to:
- Advising the board of directors on their legal and corporate governance responsibilities.
- Ensuring compliance to corporate governance and other legal matters.
- Interpretation and analysis of laws and regulations relating to companies.
- Negotiating contract arrangement between the company and third parties.
- Review of third-party contracts where the company has committed itself.
- Drafting legal documents for the company.
- Conducting searches, due diligence and filing of all necessary documents with the corporate affairs commission within the stipulated timeline.
To manage the company’s owned properties as follows:
- Drafting and lease agreements.
- To ensure that all tenants pay their rent as at when due.
- To serve all the required statutory notices to quit on erring or defaulting tenants
- Supervise construction or remodeling
- Maintaining all statutory books of the company.
- Organizing the company’s board and taking minutes of meeting during board meetings and preparing board resolution.
- Ensuring compliance with all documentation required by regulatory bodies and corporate organizations for specific transactions as may be referred to him/her.
- Preparation of legal opinions on legal issues pertaining to internal and external activities of the company. This includes providing legal support for the company when necessary.
- Dispatching internal memo’s to the appropriate department.
- Liaise with the company’s external solicitors on Litigation.
- Make representation for the company in arbitration and court proceedings and any other dispute resolution proceedings when the occasion arises.
- Assist in the development of material for speeches, presentations and information to match corporate messaging for media events, seminars, press events, etc.
- Maintain a current knowledge corporate governance requirements, trends and key matters of interest for Boards.
- Ensure the successful delivery of all board and management meetings including preparation of documentation and conduct of meetings.
- Ensure all decisions of the board and management are accurately and appropriately recorded in the minutes of the meetings and are circulated accordingly.
- Process immigration related matters for the company
- Be the custodian the company’s policy and procedure; amend as required from time to time
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Chairman or management.
Desired Knowledge, Competency and Skill Requirement
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws
- Analytical skill
- Must be called to the Nigerian Bar
N150,000.00 – N200,000.00 monthly.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the role and location as the subject of the email.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2020.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted and contacted
460 total views, 1 views today