Job Title: Nutrition Advisor
Job ID: sfh-05758
- This position will support the design and implementation of high-quality nutrition interventions for the project and provide technical oversight nutrition programming activities in the across the 44 LGAs in Kano.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Monitor nutrition interventions implemented by the Project to ensure strategy and plans are followed.
- Provide programme technical support through frequent field visits to LGA’s and CSOs offices, presenting a report with recommendations.
- Support CSO partners to produce timely high-quality reports and documentation both to meet donor and internal demands.
- Provide information and other communication materials for effective support of other departments by meeting service requirements.
- Contribute to policy development relating to nutrition and ensure consistency with SFH Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award Project.
- Provide support on technical initiatives, including performing literature searches, investigating key issues, and contributing to technical activities as required.
- Coordinate and facilitate training and support State level planning and activities for World Breastfeeding week and other nutrition activities as agreed in the annual work plan.
- Ensure CSOs develop quality timely work plans and budgets according to the frequency requested by the project.
- Support training of CSO Project Nutrition Officers on nutrition or other related topics.
- Participate in technical meetings related to nutrition programmes, and document as well.
- Monitor and ensure accountability and participation mechanisms for adults and children are for the project.
- Observe principles of child rights programming in all activities related to nutrition programming including design, analysis, implementation and M& E with a particular focus on gender and diversity, children’s participation.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
- A minimum of a post-graduate level or equivalent in Public Health and/or Nutrition.
- A minimum of five (5) years of specialised experience in nutrition programming in the context of HIV including IYCF.
- Demonstrable ability to acquire a high level of thematic expertise on priority issues within nutrition.
- Demonstrable experience in budget formulation and monitoring.
- Experience in providing technical support to partners and in particular government at senior levels.
- S/He must be able to write and speak the local language of the state of intervention (Hausa).
- Demonstrable capacity to deliver results against objectives, reporting schedules and work plans.
- S/He should have experience working and collaborating with government health ministries and agencies, technical and implementing partners, donor agencies, etc
Skills and competencies:
- High level of integrity
- Coordination and team-building skills
- Ability to multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good analytical skills
- Strong initiative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 12th June, 2020
219 total views, 5 views today