Job Title: Detailed Production Scheduling (DPS) Planner
Location: Agbara Factory, Lagos
Position Type: Full-time
- Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to improve the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
- Nestlé Nigeria is currently looking for a Detailed Production Scheduling (DPS) Planner to consistently provide short-term production plans with feasible and realistic availability of resources (production lines/labor and materials).
A day in the life of
- Creating a feasible production plan within the DPS period that meets the market demand; taking into consideration available capacity, labor and materials that respect the inventory policy, product family sequencing – as determined by the Master Production Scheduling (MPS) Planner; and best optimize the factory’s ability to produce the Stock-Keeping Unit (SKU).
- Conducting Monthly Production Reviews (MPR) in the factory to ensure gaps are identified in advance thereby, mitigating potential risks.
- Event planning in close coordination with the Supply Planner and all relevant stakeholders in the factory.
- Constant effective planning to meet market demands with minimal (zero) failures.
- Regular and continuous interactions with material planners as well as production teams.
- Identification of possible opportunities or glitches in the factory and practical issues concerning plant shutdowns, as well as the timing of promotion activities within the DPS period.
- Providing advance information on resource requirements within the DPS period.
What will make you successful
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or any other closely-related course.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant operational experience at market/business level, in at least one of the following areas – Manufacturing Function or Planning Function (DRP – Distribution Requirement Planning or MRP – Material Requirement Planning). Experience in Product Lifecycle process would be an advantage.
- Ability to analyze the critical elements of Product Portfolio (such as type of demand, seasonality, lifecycle status, shelf life) and their relationship with work.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to learn fast.
- Sound knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office Tools, particularly Excel.
- Eye for detail – Able to balance priorities, see the bigger picture beyond the scope of one’s job and to challenge the status quo where required.
- Familiarity with Lean, Kaizen and Just-In-Time manufacturing would be an advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of Demand and Supply Planning best practices and processes – DPS system (SAP-APO).
- Possession of insight in capacity details, Production Version (PV) and line outputs.
- In-depth understanding of best practices, implications, alignment points, benefits and issues of Customer Service, Distribution Requirement Planning (Domestic/International), Factory Operations, Inventory Management (Finished Goods), Materials Management (Raw and Packaging) and Supply Chain KPIs.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Important Information / Notice
- Apply by clicking on the link above, follow the steps and attach a copy of your CV.
- We would be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted or given feedback
Application Deadline: 22nd May, 2020.
211 total views, 1 views today