Job Title: Cosmetics Chemist
Job Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a talented Cosmetic Chemist to develop new formulae as well as optimize and/or reformulate existing ones.
- They should be comfortable formulating with natural raw materials and working with various natural and organic certification standards depending on the project goals.
- The person would be responsible for the development of new cosmetics/skin care products or modifications of existing ones with minimal supervision.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively develops commercially feasible new skincare products or modifies existing ones.
- Designs & conducts experiments requiring the selection of equipment & materials for the delivery of the project.
- Follows projects from prototype development through manufacturing. Contributes to establishing manufacturing procedures.
- Assures that all testing to guarantee a marketable final product is on schedule. Precisely measure product characteristics and make timely recordings of the results.
- Identifies technical learnings, issues and solutions for all projects, provides suggestions on all experiments and technicalities.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of formulations, procedures, observations, results
- Oversee and direct process scale-up, including manufacturing batch adjustments and troubleshooting
- Conduct stability testing and troubleshoot unstable formulas to ensure commercial feasibility
- Maintain working knowledge of raw material innovations and emerging research in the cosmetic science field by proactively researching new concepts, materials, processes, and technical opportunities
- Source and validate new raw materials according to internal standards
- Maintain a working knowledge of cosmetic regulations for cosmetics/active ingredient regulations
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- HND, BSc. or MSc. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related scientific discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in Research & Development, marketing and formulating cosmetic/skincare products.
- Working knowledge, and progressive understanding of natural emulsion techniques (o/w, w/o, and micro-emulsions), thickeners, surfactants, actives, preservation systems.
- Creative thinking, technical writing and organizational skills.
- Must be able to easily adapt to priority changes and able to work on simultaneous projects to meet established deadlines.
- Hands-on experience in packaging and market strategy formulation.
- Ability to work independently
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume, Cover Letter and a recent coloured passport photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject.
Application Deadline: 20th May, 2020.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be contacted.
135 total views, 1 views today