Job Designation: Account Clerk
Job Location: Lagos
- We are looking for a skilled Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
- Accounting Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements.
- You will also run accounting software programs (e.g. SAP) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts.
- A successful accounting assistant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
- Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Accurate financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts receivable clerk or Accounts payable clerk
- Must be familiar with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
- High school degree
- Associate’s degree or relevant certification is a plus
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position as subject of the email
Application Deadline: 10th May, 2020.
280 total views, 1 views today