Job Designation: Procurement Assistant
Job Location: Lagos
Reports To: Head, Administration
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of Head of Administration, the Procurement Assistant is responsible for the effective delivery of procurement services to AHI, working closely with Programmes, Finance & Accounts and Compliance Department.
Specific responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with requesting units/departments to ensure items requested are in approved budget
- Where necessary, obtain sample of material(s) to be purchased and ensure it meets organizational specifications
- Conduct price surveys and obtain quotes locally on low value items;
- Preparation of Request for Quotation, Invitations to Bid, Requests for Proposal etc. in compliance with AHI Procurement Policy & Guidelines
- Collation of bids, quotations, proforma invoices in support of items to be procured in line with with AHI Procurement Policy & Guidelines
- Routing and circulation of quotes, bids and proposals for evaluation and management approval
- Corresponding with selected bidder(s) to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notice and that contract documents are distributed accordingly.
- Preparation of Procurement Memos, Contract Award Letters, Purchase Orders for items approved by Management
- Coordinate the procurement process from contract award to delivery to recipients / AHI Stores, and ensure payment of suppliers and vendors for services rendered.
- Ensure submission of appropriate supporting documentation by suppliers and vendors (Invoice, Delivery Notes / Way Bills, Packing List etc)
- Ensure all items procured meets order specifications, before delivery to AHI Store / Warehouse
- Follow-up with Finance & Accounts Department payments due to suppliers and vendors
- Maintain appropriate records to ensure that procurement process, approvals and contractual agreement(s) are accurately documented for each order for accountability and audit purpose.
- Preparation of monthly management information and statistical reports
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head, Administration Department
Education / Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and professional certification in Procurements, Purchasing & Supplies or Logistics Management
- 2-3 years cognate experience in procurement function
- Good knowledge of United Nations procurement procedures is highly desirable
- Must be computer savvy with good working knowledge of MS Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel), and must be able to easily navigate the Internet to conduct on-line market research
- Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity
- Must be a team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
Qualified candidates should send their Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating “Procurement Assistant” in the subject area of the e-mail
Candidates should forward the under-listed documents:
- A Cover Letter and updated Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopy of Degree Certificate.
Application Deadline: 8th May, 2020.
- AHI as an Equal Opportunity Employer prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment on any basis whatsoever. Women, persons with disabilities and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
169 total views, 1 views today