Job Designation: Associate, Monitoring Learning and Evaluation
Job Location: Lagos, South West
- The Associate, MLE is a member of the Monitoring Learning and Evaluation Department and is responsible for supporting all Evidence Action’s Monitoring and Evaluation activities in their area of operation. This is an exciting position that involves supporting the state with treatment data management, monitoring data collection, training of data collection teams, management of stakeholder relationships and implementing quality assurance and quality control measures during data collection and management.
- This position will be based either in Ibadan, Oyo State or in Lagos Nigeria depending on the needs of the program.
Duties and responsibilities
Data Collection and Vendor management:
- Support the sourcing for vendors to provide data collection service to Evidence Action in Nigeria
- Directly manage budget, timelines and deliverables by vendors contracted to perform data collection on behalf of Evidence Action.
- Lead in verifying and validating data collected by data collection vendors and state through data reviews, checks (e.g. data validation, infield supervision and back checks) and field visit
Liaison person between MLE and Program, Government and Partners:
- Represent MLE in program meetings with partners and government (at the supported states) where MLE presence is needed.
- Support state program planning with M&E related tasks and ensure data is correctly captured, collected and documented and available for planning and implementation.
- Fully understanding program needs for data and translating that back to the necessary MLE delivery team/members for necessary action.
- Collaborate with the MLE delivery teams to ensure unified understanding of DTW Nigeria data needs and that the delivery team deliver program needs on time.
Training and Field Monitoring:
- Train monitors from the independent monitoring firm on data collection protocols before data collection
- Train government officials on data collection tools and data management.
- Support and supervise data collection teams during monitoring data collection and treatment data collection
Data Reporting (IM data & Treatment data):
- Support state data reporting team to submit accurate and timely treatment data to partners and National after each treatment round
- Support the data learning team to draft process monitoring and coverage validation reports after each deworming round
- Support the IM firm to submit timely and accurate reports on field monitoring activities conducted to Evidence Action
- Accurately and timely raise issues/suggestion/areas of concerns around process monitoring
- Perform any other monitoring, evaluation and learning duties as may be required and assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with strong Economics, Statistics, or Mathematics; postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- 4+ years of program M&E experience in Nigeria specifically related to public health programs.
- Strong technical skills and capacity, with at least 2 year of practical experience managing and working directly with large teams for data collection;
- Data management and reporting skills
- Excellent team management, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to travel on short notice, to multi-task, to work in ambiguity and to respond to instructions from multiple source.
- Naturally inquisitive, detail-oriented and organized;
- Inspired by Evidence Action’s mission gather evidence needed to bring proven interventions to scale, improving the lives of millions;
- Strong IT skills related to data collection and management using data collection platforms and software such as Spreadsheets, CSPro, Cluvio etc
- Experience programming and using electronic data collection platforms, specifically open data kit (ODK).
- This position will require very frequent travel across program implementation states especially in the South-West.
Qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
255 total views, 1 views today