Job Title: Project Development Manager
Career Category: Donor Relations/Grants Management
- Present in Nigeria since 2017, ACTED teams are supporting displaced and conflict-affected populations in the North-East of the country, around Maiduguri, with a coordination office based in Abuja.
- The NGO provides emergency assistance to the most vulnerable populations through a variety of activities, such as building emergency shelters, distributing non-food items, assisting in the management of camps for displaced persons or providing logistical support as well as information management services to the humanitarian community.
You will be in charge of
Positioning and Fundraising
- Analyse the country’s socio-economic situation, (donor) trends, needs and gaps
- Regularly conduct stakeholder analysis, in particular who does what and where (3W)
- Alert the Country Director of gaps and emerging needs in order to trigger assessments in a timely manner
- Contribute to the development of a country programme strategy in alignment with ACTED global/regional strategy
- Assist the CD in identifying strategic opportunities for expanding ACTED’s work in the country
- Maintain active and regular working relationships with donors and act as point of contact for all donor communication, including the coordination of donor visits in the field
- Maintain active and regular working relationships with other NGOs, UN agencies, clusters, working groups, Alliance2015, consortia and academia
- Ensure the establishment and regular update of a directory of donors, international and local NGOs, other partners and stakeholders
- Lead the reporting to national and local authorities as required by ACTED registration/legal status in country
- In the absence of Technical Coordinators, represent ACTED in key clusters, working groups, HCT and (I) NGO coordination bodies
Fundraising and proposal development:
- Identify funding opportunities;
- Identify new donors for diversifying ACTED donors’ portfolio including private companies and private foundations
- Contribute to the identification of potential relevant international and/or local partners (private sector partners, national and international NGOs, think tanks, academia, etc.) to be included in proposals
- Oversee the development of fundraising documents (Expression of Interests, concept notes, proposals) in line with ACTED country strategy and donor requirements and in close collaboration with ACTED HQ GMU (Grant Management Unit) and finance
- Liaise with Area Coordinators, Project Managers and Technical Coordinators to ensure that proposals are relevant and technically sound
- Ensure that learning from previous projects (e.g. lessons learnt and best practices) is incorporated into new proposals
- Ensure the involvement of FLATS teams in the development of fundraising documents, particularly finance for the budget and logistics in case of specific donor procurement rules
- Update on a monthly basis the Donor Follow Up (DFU) which documents latest negotiations and proposal possibilities with donor
- Liaise with AMEU to contribute to the ToRs of assessments to be conducted for proposal development and ensure their input in the logframe development (in particular the formulation of SMART indicators);
- Support the Country Director in negotiating proposals and/or contracts with donors
- Address in a timely manner all comments by donors on proposals in liaison with relevant staff in country and ACTED HQ GMU and finance
- Read thoroughly all contracts before signature, seeking ACTED HQ GMU and finance advice when required
- Ensure that contractual obligations (including visibility requirements) and reporting
- When any issue is identified in meeting deliverables in the given timeframe and budget, inform relevant staff in country and seek ACTED HQ Program Department advice on potential solutions that would meet donor rules
- Ensure project kick-off and close out meetings are conducted for each project
- Oversee the development of quality narrative reports, reflecting the progress and status of projects in a transparent, timely and professional manner, in liaison with ACTED HQ GMU and finance, which will contribute ultimately to steady cash inflow
- Work in close relation with AMEU to incorporate AME data (incl. data on input, process, output, outcome and impact indicators, lessons learnt and best practices) in reports and review M&E reports from AMEU
- Update monthly the Reporting Follow Up (RFU) and ensure smooth and regular communication with ACTED HQ GMU
- Ensure ad hoc requests from donors are addressed in liaison with the CD, Programme and support teams
- Liaise with FLATS teams when preparing reports, esp. with finance to ensure greater coherence between financial and narrative reports by crosschecking the matching of data in the narrative and financial reports;
- Liaise with partners to develop and sign relevant grant agreements in close coordination with ACTED HQ GMU and finance;
- Ensure all potential partners have a clear understanding of what is expected in terms of reporting so as to comply with ACTED and donor requirements and regulations;
- Ensure partners report to ACTED in a timely and qualitative manner as per the requirements of the grant agreement.
Management and Internal Coordination
- Ensure that staff in the department understands and is able to perform its roles and responsibilities;
- Manage a team of Project Development Officers, Interns and Assistants delineating their responsibilities and follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities;
- Identify the PDD training needs, discuss plans with the coordination and HR for both internal and external trainings, and implement them according to PDD strategic and operational priorities;
- Coach, train, and mentor the PDD team with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the PDD team and providing professional development guidance.
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics;
- Manage interpersonal conflicts between departmental staff members;
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management;
Internal Coordination and Communication:
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing from the Base, to the Area, Capital, and even up to the regional and HQ offices by ensuring implementation of ACTED coordination mechanisms (WAM, MCM) and dissemination to relevant staff;
- Ensure these meeting minutes are sent monthly to HQ;
- Ensure regular and clear communication with ACTED HQ GMU and finance to keep it updated about latest development, so that GMU can best advice you ahead of a task.
- Implement a filing system end ensure the proper filing of contractual project documents both in hard and soft copies;
- Together with AMEU, set up a Resource Centre at the office regularly updated with appropriate and relevant external and internal resources.
- Oversee the PDD’s contributions to ACTED’s external communication strategy by feeding regularly ACTED HQ Communication Department with informal updates on projects, a flash news, pictures, articles on projects progress and/or specific events for ACTED communication tools, including, but not limited to, ACTED Newsletter, websites and ACTED Annual Report;
- Ensure the continuum of PR activities, including formal presentations, engaging media for coverage on success stories, updating project-specific and regional fact sheets, and documenting publications featuring ACTED in the media;
- Manage ACTED’s in country communication activities including media visits, photographer’s mission, videos, etc.;
- Oversee the update and design of in country communication and visibility tools and publications, their dissemination and availability to ACTED teams, as well as the capitalization of media and pictures of the mission;
- Follow, contribute to, draft and disseminate position papers, statements, reports and releases on ACTED’s engagements and humanitarian advocacy, in line with ACTED’s in country and global strategy as well as positioning, in close collaboration with the country director as well as HQ communication and programme departments.
Expected Skills and Qualifications
- Postgraduate diploma in International Development and (or) relevant Master’s Level degree (Anthropology, Development Studies, Humanitarian Aid, Sociology)
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field, proposals development, and donor relations are required
- Previous experience abroad is required.
- Years of experience: 3-4 years.
- Strong writing abilities and analytical skills
- Skills in political sciences or international relations
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
Remuneration / Conditions
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances.
Application Deadline 16th May, 2020.
Qualified candidates should forward their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org under Ref: PDM/NIA
353 total views, 3 views today