Job Designation: Field Coordinator
Job Location: Biu, Borno
Web cruiter ID: 4224202078
Reports to: The Area Manager
Full Time / Part-time: Full-time
Employment Type: Contract
Percentage of Full Time: 100
Commencement: May, 2020.
Duration: 8 months (One-year renewal)
- NRC is looking for a Field Coordinator in Biu in Borno State, Nigeria. The purpose of the Field Office Coordinator is to supervise and coordinate program and support functions at the Field Office level
- The Field Coordinator is the focal person for NRC in the field office and is responsible to ensure implementation of projects activities with a high level of compliance
- He/she also plays the role of security focal point at the field office level.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods and Food Security; and Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The Field Coordinator reports to: The Area Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC / NIF policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines and donor/auditor requirements as regards to all printed and online publications.
- Line management for project and support functions in the filed location
- Support implementation of projects (including coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the field, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets
- Represent NRC and networking at field office level
- Establish support functions at Biu Field Office in line with NRC standards and in cooperation with Field Officers
- Support Field Support Officers/Assistants in planning and monitoring support functions and coordination of programme activities
- Support Field Officers with coordination of activities with other agencies and stakeholders
- Support Area Manager with planning and budgeting for the Sub Office.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and experience from working in support functions in a humanitarian / recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in Kanuri and Hausa (verbal).
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- communicating with impact and respect
- Handling an insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We Can Offer / Condition
- Commencement: May, 2020.
- Duration: 8 months (One-year renewal)
- Salary / Benefits: According to NRC’s general directions of grade-level 7 steps 1
- Duty Station: Pulka/Gwoza, with frequent travels. Travel outside Biu is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
Application Deadline: 1st May, 2020.
Qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location
- This is for Nigeria Nationals only.
124 total views, 1 views today