Job Designation: Drug Dispenser
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: First week of May, 2020.
Nationality: For Nigeria Nationals only
- PUI is now looking for a Drug Dispenser for its medical health team to implement mobile health clinic in Maiduguri.
- Under the direct supervision of the Nurse in MHCs, the Drug Dispenser dispenses drugs to patients, gives indication on drug utilization, and monitors drug consumption, according to PUI procedures
- S/he respects logistic and pharmacy procedures, fills in weekly orders and does inventory controls.
- Receive prescriptions from Clinician/ Nurse and Midwife, and verify that required information is on the form, and dispense it to the patient.
- Notify the Nurse or Midwife of incomplete or inaccurate prescriptions; as unclear handwriting, missing dose, etc.
- Dispense the medication to patients.
- Give clear instructions how to take the drug, when, how long, how to store.
- Advise and educate patients of any adverse side-effects of medicines.
- Check if the patient understands the given instructions.
- Prepare clear and detailed labels for dispensed drugs written in language that patients can understand.
- Adhere to PUI practice policies and procedures for dispensing medicines, in particular those relating to controlled drugs.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Store drugs according to PUI standards and protocols.
- Record and compile daily and weekly consumption form and send information to pharmacist.
- Submit drug order to pharmacy on a requested basis.
- Receive the orders from Pharmacy and inspect items, as to quality, quantity, and expiry dates. Provide the Pharmacy with feedback in case of irregularity.
- Arrange stock by designation and in alphabetical order, with the earliest expiring stock at the front of the shelf and the first in first out techniques.
- Monitor the supply quantity, expiration dates and quality of medicines and medical supplies.
- Maintain accurate dispensing records and report weekly to the Pharmacist.
- Apply specific hygiene protocols.
- Maintain cleanliness of the dispensary and equipment.
- Notify Pharmacist in a timely manner in case of a high consumption that may lead to low stock or stock out.
- Ask advice from Pharmacist in case a drug is prescribed which is not available.
- Together with Pharmacist assistant and /or MHC Team Leader conduct inventory control of dispensary on a regular basis;
- Follow all safety measures and rules in the dispensary.
- Notify the pharmacist assistant / MHC Team Leader immediately about any change in drugs, in form of appearance, colour, smell, etc.
- Collect and file patients’ prescriptions.
- Participate in meetings and trainings when required;
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by supervisors
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages – Hausa and Kanuri.
- Acceptable knowledge of English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Education Level: Secondary School, with skills in mathematics
- A health background is desirable
- Desirable at least 1-2 years of experience in a health facility or work with MHUs / MHCs
- Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset.
- Communication: able to communicate clearly with respect for patients, caretakers, team members and supervisors
- Motivation: shows commitment, flexibility and is service oriented
- Team work: shows ability to work in a team.
Application Deadline: 22nd April, 2020.
Qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
174 total views, 1 views today