Job Designation: Business Development Manager (Home & Personal Care) – Africa
Job Location: Lagos
Job Number: R2006555
Schedule: Full time
- The incumbent would have a dual role with both commercial and business / market development responsibilities, with a broad scope to grow the HPC business in Africa:
- Customer / distributor management – he/she would have financial and commercial targets, must use commercial tools in the job (CRM, Vendavo, MAPs, price management, etc)
- Marketing/ business development responsibilities for the entire Africa region across Home & Personal Care – this would include defining the 4P plan for Africa and driving its execution, leading the shift from a product approach towards a solution approach and development of local marketing concepts that suits the market needs, channel to market implementation and potential support to the sustainable development initiative with identification of local sourcing partners for sustainable technologies.
- Overall oversight, leadership and accountability for delivering the strategic initiative to add sustainable technology pillars to Dow’s portfolio
- Responsible for the decision as to which technology options will be pursued organically (through the innovation portfolio) and what will be added inorganically (through partnerships, alliances and acquisitions.
- Accountable for building a portfolio of alliance partners (buy and resell, contract mfg, innovation partnerships, technology licenses etc.), institutionalizing a methodology for screening partners and executing the partnership agreements.
- This role requires working across functions (R&D, Strategic Marketing, Commercial, Finance, Product Mgmt, Supply Chain, M&E) and will require extensive collaboration with the Ventures and M&A groups in Dow.
- Accomplish all assigned duties safely.
- Participate in regional safety meetings and programs.
- Participate in all key performance management activities – goal setting, EDP, performance reviews, etc.
- Mentor newer employees where require.
Education and Experience
- Minimum: Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering. MBA is a plus. or Business / Marketing Degree with previous experience in HPC industry.
- Experience: Five years of technical sales or sales related experience desired, preferably in the Home and Personal Care space
- Demonstrated experience managing existing business (negotiation, price management, issue resolution)
- Track record of hunting for and converting sales opportunities a plus
- Demonstrate high levels of motivation and deliver outstanding sales results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Execute against all job requirements while maintaining very high level of safety awareness.
- Languages: English & French are essential, Arabic is a plus.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If you would like more information, contact – Karl Davies at: firstname.lastname@example.org
159 total views, 1 views today