Job Designation: Administrative / Accounts Officer
Job Location: Abuja
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Chief of Party (CoP)
Travel: Limited travel across project States in Nigeria
About the Program
- Sahel, in collaboration with other partners, seeks to catalyze the local dairy sector in Nigeria in an inclusive way through a program that will improve the livelihoods, productivity, nutrition, and empowerment of smallholder female dairy farmers and the communities in which they live.
- The program will span 5 years and will:
- Advocate for an enabling environment for local sourcing through engagements with the government and relevant private sector stakeholders.
- Increase demand for locally sourced milk through partnerships with dairy processors currently or interested in sourcing locally.
- Improve smallholder dairy farmers’ productivity by increasing their access to technical support services and appropriate inputs.
- Empower women dairy farmers and enable them to improve their livelihoods and that of their households.
- Improve nutrition outcomes among smallholder dairy households through innovations in food systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Admin / Accounts officer major responsibilities are outlined below:
- The Admin / Accounts is however expected to perform any tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the program.
- Proper documentation of supporting documents for all transactions.
- Petty cash Management (log reconciliation, fund disbursement and reimbursement)
- Reconciliation of expenses for trip advancements
- Compilation and monitoring of staff Time sheets
- Responsible for filing of monthly returns with tax authorities.
- Proper reconciliation and preparation of payment schedule for project extension agents.
- Monitor the contracting process and assist in the preparation of contracts.
- Reconciliation of vehicles fuel cards and proper substantiation.
- Obtain price quotations, negotiate with vendors and present a cost benefit analysis with recommendations, to further inform decision making on procurement processes
- Responsible for overseeing the procurement process.
- Responsible for ensuring proper procurement process are followed.
- Coordination repairs and maintenance of Property, Plant and Equipment.
- Ensuring that day-to-day operations of the organization is not hindered.
- Tracking of utility bills and facilitating payment as need arises.
- Planning and coordination of events, meetings, and other social engagements.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the management.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field is strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management.
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Fluency in the English language, and excellent writing and presentation skills
Personal Characteristics and Other Requirements:
- Excellent judgement. Ability to understand current issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Application Deadline: Open till Filled.
Qualified and interested candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
180 total views, 2 views today