Job Designation: Senior Project Team Lead
Job Location: Abuja
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Sahel Consulting’s Managing Partner
- The objective of this position is to provide program management and oversight for an anticipated three-year Capacity Building Support. This position is contingent on donor funding.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Project Team Lead primary responsibilities are outlined below:
- Leadership & Project Oversight: Provide overall leadership and strategic direction for the entire project ensuring an integrated vision among different stakeholders, and a focus on achieving the project’s objectives and expected outcomes. Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, Sahel’s internal policies, and donor guidelines.
- Relationship Building & Management: Build and manage high-level relations with the funder, project partner and key stakeholders in order to ensure ongoing alignment, and commitment to deliver on the project’s objectives. Represent the project at the highest-levels vis a vis the Government of Nigeria, funder and other relevant stakeholders.
- Financial Oversight: Oversee fiscal management to ensure that financial activities including budgeting, reporting and auditing align and are compliant with Sahel’s internal policies, and donor guidelines. Ensure that project is operating within the approved budget, ensure maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the project in a positive financial position.
- Project Implementation: Lead annual assessment of project partner to establish existing technical gaps and provide insights for appropriate planning of project activities. Coordinate the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and the overall management of the project. Oversee project administration, operations and implementation. Ensure effective monitoring and reporting of project activities and timely submission of high-quality reports, work plans, and other project deliverables. Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the project, including compliance with Sahel’s policies and donor transparency and due diligence requirements.
- Team Building & Management: Oversee the hiring, onboarding, training and retention of top talent. Create an environment and culture that promotes great performance and positive morale. Lead and inspire project staff to deliver on project objectives. Oversee performance assessment of project staff to ensure alignment with project needs and identify opportunities for improvement to effectively support project objectives.
- Branding & Communications: Oversee the development and implementation of the project’s branding and communication strategy in order to ensure effective communication with partners, donor and other relevant stakeholders.
Minimum Requirements, Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in International Development, Business, Economics, or related field of study
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in senior management position with demonstrated results focus, skills and a track record of delivering beyond expectations.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, project development and task facilitation
- Experience in supply chain management and in leading implementation in a complex, international organization and/or in large multifaceted projects
- Good financial management skills including cash flow management and budgeting
- A familiarity with and commitment to addressing gender equality is also required.
- Ability to shape a vision and strategy
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing alliances with the private sector; ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce; adept at aligning stakeholders with differing agendas
- Able to attract, inspire, retain and lead a diverse team of highly talented professionals.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Superior interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Strong negotiation and diplomatic skills to support effective work through implementing partners
- Fluency in the English language, and excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
Personal Characteristics and Other Requirements:
- Excellent judgement. Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Preference is for candidates who has worked as a Senior Project Lead in a leading consulting firm.
Qualified and interested candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter in a Word – formatted single document to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Open till Filled.
- Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications.
- Sahel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
181 total views, 3 views today