Job Desiagntion: Finance Manager
Job Location: Abuja
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Finance Manager for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria.
- This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe States. The objectives of the activity include:
- Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment;
- Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up;
- Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and
- Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services.
- This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support overall financial management of SHARP TO 03, ensuring strict adherence to Chemonics policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations.
- Supervise accounting cycle to include preparation and appropriate documentation of journal entries, payment requests, and general ledger reconciliations.
- Ensure that incurred costs are allowable, allocable and reasonable in accordance with USAID cost principles and Chemonics policies and procedures.
- Review and approve accounting and supporting documents and transactions to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with Chemonics policies and procedures and USAID regulations.
- Review accurate, complete and timely financial reporting using ABACUS system, including monthly accrual/projection spreadsheets, and ensure timely submission to the home office (HO). Prepare and/or review ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed. Monitor preparation and perform analysis of financial reports relative to budget and monthly forecasting.
- Oversee monthly wire transfer requests for submission to the HO and manage local bank accounts to ensure sufficient availability of funds for project needs.
- Review the internal financial control systems to ensure that appropriate mechanisms, procedures, and systems are in place. Ensure proper safeguards of funds and compliance with established USAID and Chemonics financial and accounting procedures.
- Review and ensure proper authorization and approval and timely processing of payment/reimbursement requests for employees/suppliers/vendors.
- Plan, perform and supervise internal audits of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, and petty cash.
- Review and approve bank reconciliations and reconciliation of petty cash and fund report at time of replenishment.
- Review submission of all tax withholdings (payroll income tax, deduction at source) to relevant parties.
- Review payroll and ensure allocation of payroll costs to appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors during field program audits.
- Serve as a resource person for technical and finance staff on Chemonics and USAID policies, procedures and regulations
- Interact with bank and other officials on an as-needed basis.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation and exceeding expectations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or other relevant field;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in program administrative and finance management;
- Previous professional experience with international donor programs;
- In depth knowledge of the operating environment and employment regulations in Nigeria;
- Experience in bookkeeping and accounting
- Results-oriented professional capable of achieving targets and goals set in cooperation with the client, counterparts, and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team
- Possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
- Fluency in English is required.
Application Deadline: 17th April, 2020.
Qualified and interested candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
- The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
164 total views, 1 views today