Job Designation: Maintenance Manager (Lagos)
Job Location: Lagos
Zip/Postal Code: 100001
Job Type: Full time
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the effective functioning of the hotel facilities and provides an efficient and safe environment for employees and guests by using best business practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet organisational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create policies and procedures as well as ensure the implementation of the policies
- Work with contractors to coordinate renovations, remodeling projects and new construction as well as manage relationships with vendors and service providers
- Ensure all services & upgrades are performed with the least disruption to operations as per Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain a good working stock of equipment according to operational requirement
- Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the equipment.
- Carry out routine checks on the facility, equipment and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standard
- Inspect alarm systems such as carbon dioxide and fire protection devices and quickly schedule repairs when needed
- Ensure compliance with the overall business objectives and growth strategies
- Complete periodic maintenance of equipment and machinery by following the recommended upkeep schedule throughout the life of the devices.
- Manage workers to complete a variety of tasks related to maintenance of machinery, including plumbing, electrical jobs, heating and air conditioning, structural concerns and more depending on the scope of the project.
- Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocol.
- Monitor and apply preventative measures to the building to reduce the risk of future problems, such as using a sealant on a flat roof.
- Perform administrative tasks as required
- Troubleshoot common issues with equipment and assist operators with getting back to a productive mode
- Minimum of B.Sc./HND in Engineering
- 5 years’ experience with 2 years in similar role
- Attention to detail to ensure that all jobs are completed in an exemplary manner and any potential hazards or warning signs of problems are not overlooked
- In depth knowledge of trouble shooting, general maintenance practices & processes
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Communicate plans for upper level improvements to maintenance worker staff
- Working knowledge of appropriate tools, common appliances and devices
- Strong knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- Experience in planning and coordinating maintenance operations, keeping track and report on all activities
- Excellent leadership and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with subordinates and other staff
- Primary understanding of the use of MS Office
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Qualified and interested candidates should:
Click here to apply online
286 total views, 2 views today